Europe & Britain First Class 2018: Best of Switzerland Summer 2018
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2018
Switzerland's indigo lakes and imposing Alpine backdrop seem to go on forever as you explore sophisticated cities, an ancient castle and the shores of Montreux. Enjoy the rugged beauty of the Alps in Zermatt cross Lucerne's Chapel Bridge, and traverse the picturesque Italian countryside, boarding a train from Tirano to St. Moritz for equally spectacular views.
- Orientation of Zurich and Lucerne
- View the Chapel Bridge and Lion Monument in Lucerne, the Jungfrauand Matterhorn mountains (weather permitting), Lake Maggiore and Lake Como
- Visit the Federal capital Berne, the Castle of Chillon, Montreux, Zermatt, St. Moritz, Interlaken and Brienz
- 8 hot buffet breakfasts
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest)
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Arrive Zurich: Welcome to the sophisticated Swiss city of Zurich - a flawless blend of fascinating heritage and modern spirit which you will have an opportunity to explore before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and orientation in this beautiful lakeside setting.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Montreux||Zurich - Berne - Chillon - Lake Geneva (Montreux): We leave the bright lights of Zurich behind and stop in Berne with its charming Old Town, admiring its cobblestone streets, ornate fountains and arcaded walkways. Journeying to Lake Geneva, we arrive in the resort town of Montreux, set against the pristine backdrop of snow-covered peaks and vineyards. After lunch, we visit the island castle of Chillon Castle, immortalised by Lord Byron's 'Prisoner of Chillon'. For nearly four centuries, this water fortress was the residence of the Counts of Savoy and an important stop for traders.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Zermatt||Lake Geneva (Montreux) - Zermatt (2 Nights): Enjoy a full morning to explore Montreux at your leisure or consider joining an Optional Experience to cruise Lake Geneva, including a visit to the Charlie Chaplin museum in his former estate, Manoir de Ban. Our next stop is the 15th century vineyards of Cave Champ de Clos for an unforgettable Be My Guest lunch in charming Chexbres. Continue your journey to the resort town of Zermatt, set against the backdrop of the imposing snow-capped Matterhorn, where we'll stay the next two nights.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
Mirabeau Alpine Residence/Ambassador
|Day 4||Zermatt||Zermatt: Spend the day soaking up the crisp mountain air and panoramic alpine vistas. You have a full day at leisure to explore the town on your terms, or simply relax in beautiful surrounds. Consider an Optional Experience to the Klein Matterhorn for the most spectacular mountain views or explore the heritage of what was once a remote mountain village. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Baveno||Zermatt - Baveno: Departing Switzerland, we travel to the lakeside town of Baveno on Italy's picturesque Lake Maggiore. Spend the rest of the day soaking up the laidback lakeside atmosphere or consider joining an Optional Experience to Isola Bella, one of the lake's Borromean islands, with its palazzo and exquisite gardens. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||St. Moritz||Baveno - St. Moritz: We travel through the scenic Italian countryside, crossing the Swiss border into the scenic Upper Engadine Valley. We stop in the fortified town of Tirano where we will board our train and wind our way through spectacular alpine landscapes en route to the chic resort town of St. Moritz. This evening we dine at our hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 7||Lucerne||St. Moritz - Lucerne Orientation and Free Time (2 Nights): Meandering through lush green landscapes, past Lake Zurich, we arrive in the fairy-tale lakeside city of Lucerne, surrounded by snow-capped peaks. Pay tribute to the brave Swiss Guards who lost their lives defending King Louis XVI at the Lion Monument and cross the iconic wooden Chapel Bridge before meandering through the city's cobblestone streets lined with colourful facades. Consider joining a cruise on the tranquil lake waters and then ride the world's first Cabrio cable car to the top of Mount Stanserhorn.Buffet Breakfast|
Grand Europe Authentic Accommodation
|Day 8||Lucerne||Brienz and Interlaken Excursion: We travel to Interlaken at the heart of Switzerland, which lies in the shadows of the Jungfrau Mountain, stopping in the village of Brienz for a Cultural Insight into the centuries-old tradition of wood carving for which this village is so famous. Spend some time at leisure and enjoy superb views of the peaks of the Bernese Oberland. This evening we enjoy a Farewell Dinner with our fellow travellers and Travel Director toasting the highlights of Switzerland we've enjoyed along the way. Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 9||Depart Zurich||Lucerne - Depart Zurich: As our journey through the Best of Switzerland comes to an end, we bid our newfound friends a fond farewell. Transfers are available to Zurich airport. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Important Visa Information: This trip will visit Italy for a short period. Some passport holders may require double entry visas. Please speak with your travel agent at time of booking to assess your specific requirements.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $2,575.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Country ExplorerBrochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2018Switzerland's indigo lakes and imposing Alpine backdrop seem to go on forever as you explore sophisticated cities, an ancient castle and the shores of Montreux.