Europe & Britain First Class 2018: Irish Highlights Summer 2018
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2018
Share a pint and some Irish 'craic' with new friends and you'll wish you'd stayed longer - your journey from Dublin through Ireland's lush counties and charming towns gives a taste of what you will enjoy on the Emerald Isle. From cathedrals and castles to exquisite Waterford crystal, stately city squares and scenic coastal drives, there's a lot to say slainte about.
- City tour in Dublin
- Scenic drive of the Ring of Kerry
- Orientation of Galway, Limerick and Waterford
- See the Cathedral of Galway
- View St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin, King John's Castle and St. Mary's Cathedral in Limerick
- Visit Bunratty Folk Park, the Cliffs of Moher, Blarney to kiss the stone and gain the 'gift of the gab', the Crystal Showroom at Waterford and the famine ship in New Ross
- 6 full breakfasts
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Shannon Estuary
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Dublin||Arrive Dublin - Afternoon Sightseeing: Tread in the footsteps of James Joyce and Oscar Wilde, through the lyrical streets of Dublin - your launch pad to a memorable encounter with Ireland's iconic highlights. This morning is yours to soak up the charming atmosphere of the quirky capital, before meeting a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour with views of Trinity College, St. Patrick's Cathedral and the stately Georgian Squares. Indulge in a little Irish craic this evening, joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a traditional Irish pub experience that will kickstart your holiday in style.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Limerick||Dublin - Galway - Bunratty - Limerick: We journey to Galway, the City of Tribes, where we'll see its stone cathedral on the banks of the Corrib and spend some free time exploring its colourful facades. Irish traditions and heritage are explored during a fascinating visit to Bunratty Castle and its Folk Park, a living museum that reveals insights into life in Ireland during the 18th and 19th centuries. Be sure to drop into Mac's for a pint, meet the Bean an Ti and see if you can spot a fairy. Then travel to Limerick, our home for the night. View the 13th century King John's Castle overlooking the Shannon, St. Mary's Cathedral and the Treaty Stone during your orientation, spending the rest of the evening at leisure enjoying the world-renowned hospitality of the Irish.Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||Killarney||Limerick - Cliffs of Moher - Killarney (2 Nights): The spectacular sheer Cliffs of Moher are our first stop where we will learn about their history during a visit to the 'Atlantic Edge' exhibition. After a picturesque coastal drive through the villages of Lahinch and Kilrush, we take the ferry across the Shannon estuary. Our home for the next two nights is the colourful little town of Killarney.Full Breakfast|
|Day 4||Ring Of Kerry Excursion||Ring of Kerry Excursion: Circle the spectacular Ring of Kerry - its emerald green hills, centuries-old stone villages and vivid blue seascapes provide a breathtaking backdrop for our leisurely drive around this beautiful coastline that has inspired writers and poets for centuries. We'll see Daniel O'Connell's Cahirciveen, the fishing village of Waterville, Molls Gap and the Black Valley, renowned for being the last place in Ireland without electricity and telephone networks.Full Breakfast|
|Day 5||Waterford||Killarney - Blarney - Youghal - Waterford: Cross the rugged Kerry Mountains and travel to the colourful market town of Macroom this morning - its origins as a meeting place for the Druids of Munster hark back to the 6th century. Travel on to Blarney Castle and kiss the stone that bears its name in pursuit of acquiring the 'gift of the gab'. En route to Waterford, we stop in the historic seaport town of Youghal, once home to Sir Walter Raleigh. This evening we dine in our hotel.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Dublin||Waterford - New Ross - Co. Wicklow - Dublin: Enjoy a Cultural Insight into the centuries-old tradition of crafting fine glass at the House of Waterford Crystal where we'll watch the talented master craftsmen in their workshop creating exquisite pieces. Our next stop is in the town of New Ross where we'll see the monument to John F. Kennedy who travelled to his ancestral family hometown in 1963. We'll visit the three-masted famine ship Dunbrody and gain a Cultural Insight into the tragic plight of the Irish emigrants who fled the potato famine during the 1800s. Continuing through County Wexford and the lush countryside of County Wicklow, we journey to Dublin stopping en route at Glenealy Farmhouse for a Farewell Be My Guest dinner with the charming Fulvio family.Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 7||Depart Dublin||Depart Dublin: For now, it's time to say a fond slan abhaile to your fellow travellers as you close the curtain on an unforgettable journey through the Emerald Isle. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Full Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $1,575.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Country ExplorerBrochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2018Share a pint and some Irish 'craic' with new friends and you'll wish you'd stayed longer - your journey from Dublin through Ireland's lush counties and charming towns gives a ...