USA and Canada Costsaver 2018: Best of the West Summer 2018
Brochure Type: USA and Canada Costsaver 2018
Embark upon this western journey showcasing iconic cities and marvel at the natural wonders that make this part of the world truly unique. From Hollywood to the birthplace of California to the majestic panoramas of Yosemite National Park seen aboard your tram ride and on to the jaw dropping Grand Canyon, this trip has it all. Drive the iconic Mother Road, Route 66, be dazzled in the entertainment hub of Las Vegas and discover what makes cosmopolitan San Francisco truly incredible as your trip concludes in this beautiful "City by the Bay".
- Grand Canyon Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site and Natural Wonder of the World with a Local Specialist
- Las Vegas Explore this entertainment-filled city with its grand hotels and shops
- Los Angeles See the very best Hollywood has to offer
- San Diego Explore the Gaslamp Quarter, Balboa Park and Old Town
- San Francisco Get familiar with Fisherman's Wharf, Union Square and Chinatown
- San Francisco Iconic Breakfast at renowned Boudin Bakery, a San Francisco institution since 1849
- Yosemite National Park Take in breathtaking views of the valley floor
- 3 Breakfasts
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Los Angeles||Arrive Los Angeles (2 Nights): Welcome to Los Angeles, the city of glitz, glamour and stars. Get settled in at your hotel before meeting your Travel Director this afternoon.|
Red Lion Anaheim
|Day 2||Los Angeles||Los Angeles Sightseeing: This morning, set out to see the best Los Angeles has to offer-from wealthy Beverly Hills mansions to eclectic Hollywood. Stop at the Hollywood Walk of Fame in front of the legendary Grauman's Chinese Theatre with its celebrity hand prints, footprints, and autographs etched into the theatre's concrete forecourt. Drive along the Sunset Strip and visit Santa Monica.|
|Day 3||San Diego||Los Angeles - San Diego: Head south for the drive along the coast to charming San Diego, a Spanish-influenced city, set around a sweeping bay and numerous sparkling white sand beaches. On arrival, enjoy a sightseeing tour and discover the beautifully restored Gaslamp Quarter, Balboa Park-the largest cultural complex west of the Mississippi-and Historic Old Town San Diego, the "birthplace" of California. It was here in 1769 that Father Junipero Serra came to establish the first of 21 missions that became the cornerstones of California. Today, Old Town San Diego still preserves the rich heritage from the period of 1821-1871.|
Clarion San Diego South
|Day 4||Phoenix||San Diego - Phoenix: Leaving the coast behind you, climb 4,000 feet (1,219 metres), passing through the Cleveland National Forest and hugging the United States-Mexico border. Descend towards desert hot sands and white plains and cross the Arizona state line and Colorado River, before heading to the Valley of the Sun and fashionable Phoenix.|
The Saguaro Scottsdale
|Day 5||Flagstaff||Phoenix - Grand Canyon - Flagstaff: Continue through the Sonoran Desert. Stop in Sedona for the opportunity to join an off-road jeep excursion. Head for the Grand Canyon with its awe-inspiring views and meet with a Local Specialist who walks you through the geological life of the canyon. Examine the multicolored rocks from different eras of the canyon's formation, a UNESCO Site and Natural Wonder of the World. Later this afternoon, arrive in Flagstaff, a famous outpost on Historic Route 66.|
Ramada Flagstaff East
|Day 6||Las Vegas||Flagstaff - Historic Route 66 - Las Vegas (2 Nights): Call in at Seligman and Kingman, two other iconic outposts along the celebrated "Mother Road." Get ready to be amazed as you arrive in larger-than-life Las Vegas-an entertainment oasis right in the middle of the desert. Dubbed "Sin City," Las Vegas is all about glitz, glam and neon lights. Continental Breakfast|
Gold Coast Hotel and Casino
|Day 7||Las Vegas||Las Vegas Free Time: Enjoy a free day in Las Vegas to pursue your own interests. Explore this city with its grand hotels and shops and consider trying one of the many optional activities^ available.|
|Day 8||VISALIA||Las Vegas - Visalia: Leave Las Vegas, driving through the stark Mojave Desert, skirting the famous Edwards Air Force base. Marvel at the magnificent mountains of the Sierra Nevada before continuing through the vast fertile plains of the San Joaquin Valley, the "Breadbasket of California." Arrive in Visalia for your overnight stay.|
|Day 9||Modesto||Visalia - Yosemite National Park - Modesto: Nothing can quite prepare you for the incredible scenery of Yosemite National Park. Be surrounded by breathtaking panoramas of lush forests and verdant meadows framed by El Capitan and iconic Half Dome. Overnight in Modesto, the heart of one of the greatest agricultural areas in the nation.|
Baymont Inn and Suites
|Day 10||San Francisco||Modesto - San Francisco (2 Nights): Travel back toward the California coast, across the Bay Bridge and into San Francisco, the famous "City by the Bay." Your city tour includes the bustling Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, the Palace of Fine Arts, the Presidio and North Beach. This evening, consider joining an optional Chinatown walking tour, complete with a Chinese dinner.Continental Breakfast|
Holiday Inn Golden Gateway
|Day 11||San Francisco||San Francisco Free Time: In the morning, enjoy an Iconic Breakfast at Boudin Bakery, a San Francisco institution since 1849. The rest of the day is free. There are many options to choose from: an excursion to the Napa/Sonoma wine country area, a visit to Muir Woods, a cruise past Alcatraz Island and under the Golden Gate Bridge, a guided walk along the Golden Gate Bridge and much more. Your Travel Director will be happy to assist you in planning your day. Iconic Breakfast|
|Day 12||Depart San Francisco||Depart San Francisco: This morning, bid farewell to the Golden West, your Travel Director and your fellow travellers or extend your stay at the Holiday Inn.|
- For a trip with more exclusive Insider experiences, more included meals and upgraded hotels, see our Western Discoverer itinerary featured in the USA and Canada brochure.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $1,795.00 (USD)
Tour Type: CostSaverBrochure Type: USA and Canada Costsaver 2018Embark upon this western journey showcasing iconic cities and marvel at the natural wonders that make this part of the world truly unique.