2018: Gateway to Costa Rica (1600)
8 days from San Jose to San Jose
SAN JOSE Country Inn & Suites (F)ARENAL Arenal Paraiso (MF)MONTEVERDE Monteverde Country Lodge (F)
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Jose||Welcome to Costa Rica. Upon arrival in San Jose, you will be met by your Cosmos representative, who will help you get acquainted with this fascinating city.|
|Day 2||San Jose||Start your day at POAS VOLCANO, considered the largest active crater in the world, with frequent geyser-like eruptions. A walk along the incredible trails leads you through cloud forests filled with stunted and twisted vegetation from the volcanic emissions and cold, windy, high-altitude habitat. If weather conditions allow, you will have the chance to see Lake Botos, which fills an extinct crater. The area is also home to many cloud forest birds, like hummingbirds, tanagers, flycatchers, toucanets, clay-colored robins, and the resplendent quetzal. Next, visit DOKA ESTATE, one of Costa Rica's premium coffee plantations and producer of internationally acclaimed coffees. From the picking of the coffee berries to the roasting and grinding of the coffee beans, you will see how Costa Rican premium coffees are processed and prepared. Be sure to take a walk through the BUTTERFLY GARDEN, home to 15 species that undergo the complete metamorphosis within these walls. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Arenal||Your journey continues to the Arenal area, with a visit of Sarchi town en route. Along the way, enjoy amazing views of the mountains as well as a major source of revenue in the area: agricultural crops that include pineapple, bananas, and sugar cane. This afternoon, arrive at La Fortuna Village, situated in the shadow of mighty Arenal Volcano. The evening is at leisure to do as you please. (B)|
|Day 4||Arenal||Nature lovers from around the world come to visit the ARENAL HANGING BRIDGES. Journey through the rainforest with an expert Naturalist to learn about the surrounding wildlife and vegetation, and take in nature's beauty at its most pristine state. With 15 bridges ranging from 5 to 100 meters long, one at a height of 45 meters, you will get a 360-degree view of the tropical rainforest. Plus, if the weather is on your side, you will see the most amazing views of Arenal Volcano. Tonight, you may opt to spend time relaxing in the thermal, healing waters at Tabacon Hot Springs. These natural springs are heated by magma found in the earth's core and they carry minerals found in the earth's rocky stratus, which your body absorbs as you soak in the natural pools here. (B)|
|Day 5||Monteverde||Depart Arenal for Monteverde, considered one of the most biologically diverse areas in the country. This is why MONTEVERDE CLOUD FOREST RESERVE is continuously visited by nature lovers. Chosen as one of Costa Rica's Seven Wonders and one of the most important private reserves in the country, Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve gives you the chance to explore a different type of forest, allowing you to make your very own comparison between the biodiversity found in a rainforest and a cloud forest. (B)|
|Day 6||Monteverde||Today, your Naturalist will show you the different types of ecosystems found in the region on your guided WALK in Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Learn more about the unique wildlife, much of which is endemic to the area, and see the beautiful flora and fauna of the northern region of Costa Rica. If you are lucky, you might spot the beautiful quetzal, the three-wattled bell bird, or the black-faced solitaire roaming through the forest. However, the most recognized animal in Monteverde is definitely the golden toad, also endemic to the area. Equally impressive is the unique plant life, such as orchids, bromeliads, and strangler figs, which only adds to this forest's already impressive beauty. Your afternoon is free to explore the region on your own. (B)|
|Day 7||San Jose||This morning, bid adios to Monteverde and return to San Jose for your final evening of your vacation. (B)|
|Day 8||San Jose||Your vacation ends after breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director, driver, and Local guides are available for pre-purchase on the base vacation. For vacations that include an extension to the base, pre-paid gratuities only include the base portion. Any additional gratuities would need to be paid on trip.Prices based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement: $415 to $450Triple Room Reduction per person: $45 to $50Extra Nights per person in San Jose:in single room $118; in twin room $64; in triple room $54 2019 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in July 2018.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).